Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Volunteer Visit, Seeing things in a new perspective

Hey everyone. As I am typing this i am "attempting" to upload video onto youtube and link it onto my blog, but at this rate, its uploading REALLY slow. So no worries, eventually i will get this video uploaded but probably not today. So just in case I decided that I would type about it because it is really worth sharing!

Last thursday, may 6th, till just yesterday, may 10th, I spent the weekend traveling way out to the edge of the Pacific coast to visit a veteran volunteer who worked and lived on the mountain side over looking distant deserted islands out in the Pacific Sea. INTERESTING AS ALL GET OUT!

I had a lot of firsts in that village. First time being without potable water, sleeping under a mosquito net, using a cockroach infested latrine, eating fruits that i´ve never seen before, bucket bathing but then running out of even that type of water and having to bathe in the river, and lastly being taught how to dance by middle school boys and then being told by them that they would pray to La Virgen that my dancing skills would improve! haha. And strangely I enjoy every minute of it! Fortunately my connection to my www.lizwilkie.shutterfly.com account is a lot faster so I will put pictures up there. Definately beautiful place. We got to go out with the kids to one of those deserted islands and do a beach clean up. Really fun.

There is about 2 or 3 more weeks till i find out my 2 years of service site! I am very pumped and can´t wait to get to it. Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment